Respiratory therapists are specially trained health care professionals with knowledge of the physiology and technology involved in the delivery of critical care to patients.
Xổ số miền trung thứ 4 hàng tuầnTheir main areas of work are to:
- Prepare and use devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, aerosol generators and EKG machines, infusion pumps and syringe pumps, blood analyzers, ventilators, defibrillators, spirometers, suction machine, MDI, pulse oximeters.
- Analyze the amount of oxygen, carbon dioxide and pH levels in a patient’s blood ABGS and inform the doctor and carry any further advice.
- Testing individual lung capacities of patients i.e. Pulmonary Function Testing.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation to do Chest Physical Therapy to facilitate breathing.
- Bedside incentive spirometery 3 to 4 hourly, on advice of the consultant.
- To assist in Central line insertion and lumbar puncture.
- As a team member in Intubation, Extubation, CPR, Defibrillation.
- Participate in code Blue & code Green (CPR), anywhere in the facility.